IIOR conducts both national and international training programmes on various aspects of oilseed production and protection technologies besides seed production of oilseed crops. Majority of the national level training courses are sponsored by Directorate of Extension, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India, New Delhi for different levels of extension functionaries from the State Department of Agriculture. The Institute also conducts Customized training programmes for faculty of State Agricultural Universities, scientists of ICAR and private organizations. In addition, the Institute organizes Winter Schools of 21 days duration.
- Hybrid seed production technology in castor, sunflower and safflower
- Hybrid purity assessment using molecular markers
- Oilseed production technology for yield maximization.
- Integrated pest management.
- Integrated nutrient management in oilseeds
- Low-cost production technology for oilseeds
- Mass multiplication of microbial agents and their uses.
- Orientation training programs for newly recruited AICRP-scientific staff
- Adaptation and management strategies for sustainable oilseed production under climate change scenario
The training programmes are conducted in interactive mode with class room lectures duly supported by modern audio-visual aids. The training sessions include hands-on experience, field visits to identify insect pests and diseases, symptoms of nutrient deficiency, visit to seed production plots, laboratories, group discussions and development of strategic action plans. Training need assessment, pre and post training evaluations are parts of methodologies being adopted.
The Institute is having well experienced, reputed scientific faculty specialized in the disciplines of Agronomy, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Nematology, Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics and Cytogenetics, Soil Science, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Statistics and Computer applications. In addition, the resource persons/experts in various oilseed crops are being invited regularly from AICRP centers, Project Coordinators and Directorates of Research on groundnut, soybean and rapeseed-mustard. The resource persons from ICRISAT, ICAR institutes, SAU’s, NSC, DOD etc., are also invited based on the subject matter and specialization.
IIOR has excellent facilities for conducting trainings. It is well-equipped with latest audio-visual aids, public address system, well equipped library, museum, computer and internet facilities besides three research farms.